If these dogs could talk...

The happy lives of Poppy, Snowie & Kobi! Jack Russells are so intelligent these days, they blog!

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Chow-wow-wow

I'm intrigued by the all-black german shephard's challenge feed post. Especially the sentence quoted: 'For many dogs feeding times are the highlight of the day, but 30 seconds later the bowl is empty and he is left with nothing to look forward to.'

Mommy is as intrigued as I am, coz we're such fussy eaters it drives her nuts. Feeding time is haaaaardly the highlight of our day -- that's the WALK WALK!!!

Usually we just turn our noses up at the food she puts down. Except for Kobi -- who's been wriggling to get back into Mommy's good books again these days after acting like a rebellious teenager -- he's been valiantly finishing up the food in his dish and whatever I leave behind.

Anyway, I really hope Mommy doesn't get any ideas. (Then again, I don't think I'd need worry, coz we don't have a garden and the most she can do is to scatter our food around the kitchen floor. But Kobi already takes care of that -- that messy boy.)

Even Snowie, who's nursing four puppies, is being exceptionally choosy. Since she's popped out those little things that go ew ew ew, she only wants to drink milk and nibble on kibbles. Even though that overpriced 'lactose-free' pets milk Daddy bought gives her stinky wattery poop.

And kibbles aren't as nutritious as the Abady meal, but Snowie, like me, will very selectively sniff through the mix and pick out the kibbles one by one coz we love the crunch! That's our challenge for now. But don't tell Mommy. In a week or two, we'll get bored of kibbles mixed into our food and want some new temptation mixed in. Hmmm. Maybe mashed up hardboiled eggs...

What Mommy doesn't get is that we're actually training her. We'll make a gourmet dog food chef out of her yet!



4 WoofBacks!

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Sam the black GSD barked...

Hey you pampered pups.

Get with the program and exercise you nose and your minds. Ask your humans to scatter kibble throughout the house... in their beds, under the rug, behind the curtains, in the couch, etc. Sounds like fun!

Funny you should mention hardboiled eggs. Mom just made some for us tonight. She is going to give them to us for breakfast tomorrow.

Sammy

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Unknown barked...

I'm getting to be a fussy eater - but not about what I eat, its about when I eat. I just like eating late at night for some reason, I don't know why.

I like Sam's idea too to make it a game, it's so fun.

And good training on your human, it's so cool when they get it! Along those lines, I've created a human intelligence test on my last post. If you try it on your mommy, let me know what the results are. I've started testing my human and the results look promising!

Bye for now, Cal

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Heidi barked...

Fun is always good!!!! I like fun! Hide and seek food is a good game for dogs.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger R. Keith barked...

Food is always my #1 priority. I live to eat, but Holly is picky, so our people have started giving us sprinkles of parmesan cheese on every meal. I don't know why they don't eat the stuff in the green can themselves, but it's fine with me. I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home