If these dogs could talk...

The happy lives of Poppy, Snowie & Kobi! Jack Russells are so intelligent these days, they blog!

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Kobi's Pup IQ

First off, let Kobi get this straight: Kobi is a Pup. Not a 'Puppy', which is what you call the four puny ones that hover around Snowie. Pup is something like a grown-up dog, but still fun enough to Reow! Reow-Reow around. Geddit?

On our walk this morning, we encountered an obstacle. Grrrrr

It was a huge coconut leaf, totally dried up, and lying perpendicular to the road we run on towards the big field in front of the MRT station. Kobi hates all this dry weather. It's so hot, my tongue starts lolling out of my mouth within a few minutes of walk-walk. And Kobi hates that, because it flops here and there and everywhere, sometimes even to the side, which makes me look quite unscary.

Anyway, because this huge thing was lying in our way, with the pokey fronds pointing skyward, three times my height, we were a little confused!

Snowie and I reached it first, before Poppy strolled up casually. We didn't know what to do at first.

This reminded Mommy of a Doggy IQ Test she had read some time back.
If your dog was running in the park & its way was interrupted by a long hedge row or fence too high for it to jump over, it would probably:
A. Run alongside the hedge row and look for a way around it
B. Forget about it and run off in a different direction
C. Try to burrow its way underneath or get thru somehow
D. Wait for me to lift it over

Well. C and D are obviously silly. Ha ha reow!

Kobi and Snowie sorta trotted alongside the stupid leaf. Poppy impressed Mommy by heading straight for where the tip of the leaf was and just stepping over it, which wasn't much of a feat.

When Kobi and Snowie saw that Poppy had gotten through (but didn't really notice how), Kobi decided to do what he knows best! When there seems to be no way, KOBI MAKES A WAY!

BA-ba-ba-ba-ba-baaap (like Scrappy's cheer)

And Kobi happily leapt through the leaves, nevermind the pokiness and the loud crackly noises. Kobi was through! KOBI POWER!!!!!!!

Pup IQ Score: 342
You, Kobi Man-nyak, are off the scale for Pup Intelligence. Your test results show that you belong in the top 0.000029278356% of Pups who have taken the Dried Coconut Leaf Obstacle IQ Test. Congratulations! Caninesa will be contacting you shortly to recruit you for top-secret top-level grrrrvernment intelligence agency.



3 WoofBacks!

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Charlie barked...

Woof! I am a pup, myself, and very impressed with your feat!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Unknown barked...

Like Charlie, I am really impressed. I emailed my human while he was in vacation in Hawaii and asked him to take the test. Guess what - he didn't do as well as you! You are a giant walking among us Kobi!

Sorry about your dry weather. I know what you feel like - in Minnesota in the winter the humans turn the heat on all the time indoors and man does it get dry! Somebody fill up my water bowl here, get me some eyedrops, turn the heat down. I bark and bark but my humans keep turning it up! What's up with that?

Anyway, great post!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Heidi barked...

Dats amazing! I'm very impressed vith the test results.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home